Thursday 12 May 2011

Printed textures

My studio space is filling up as I experiment with different printmaking processes to best convey the feel of the watery expanses and flickering grass. The longer you spend on the tops, the more your eye becomes attuned to the nuances of the changing seasons and the effects of light.  The other day up there I got caught in a sudden, heavy shower that swept in from the south east.  I could see it coming, a misty blurriness I thought was smoke at first... by the time I'd got the camera in its raincoat and started legging it down the hill I was soaked. That kind of rain is fun if you don't get cold and its great to see some refreshment coming to our parched moors.

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of your printmaking experiments. As an 'erstwhile' printer I can appreciate how well the medium will convey grass and water in this ever changing landscape.The cordless engraver shown on a subsequent page looks interesting. I want try one!
    I look forwardto seeing your final show.
    From
    Gay Wilsher

    ReplyDelete